The Lodge at Tiburon: A Coastal Retreat
The Lodge at Tiburon, located just steps away from the scenic San Francisco Bay, is a relaxing retreat from which to explore the charming town of Tiburon or the greater San Francisco Bay Area. The newly renovated Lodge has 104 rooms on three acres and features a heated pool and hot tub, on-site dining and outdoor fireplace. It’s the perfect place to stroll into town to watch the sailboats go by as you sip on a cocktail at Sam’s or browse the boutiques.
- Pet-friendly hotel with dedicated grass dog run
- Concierge service
- Bike rentals
- Complimentary WiFi
- Complimentary DVDs
- Complimentary newspapers available in the lobby
- Complimentary self-parking for hotel guests
- Heated Outdoor Pool
- Tiburon Tavern
- SkyDeck open air lounge
- Poolside cabanas
- Snacks for purchase
Cozy Accommodations at The Lodge at Tiburon
The guest rooms and suites at The Lodge at Tiburon are comfortable and spacious, and most come with a private balcony or patio. The largest room is the one-bedroom King Suite Balcony at 740-square-feet. All rooms include a small dining table, some include a pull-out couch and additional seating.
- Newly renovated
- Private balcony or patio with seating for two
- Complimentary Amenities include high-speed Wi-Fi — USB Charging Stations — Iron and ironing board — Individual climate control — hairdryer — Mini fridge — Lux Gilchrist and Soames bath amenities — Bose Stereo
- In-room Coffee maker with Starbucks Coffee and Tea
- Complimentary bottled water in room
- Pet-friendly guestroom
Dining at the Tiburon Tavern
The on-property bar and restaurant, the Tiburon Tavern, is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and features mindful cuisine that supports local farmers. The restaurant, that is frequented by locals as well as guests, and offers dishes such as Handmade Fettuccine with Fresh Porcini and Black Truffle Cream; Quinoa Salad with Arugula Frisee, Goat Cheese, Candied Pecans, and Citrus Vinaigrette; and Chilean Sea Bass Pan with Crispy Skin atop a Crusty Baguette Over a Leek Sauce. The chef selects fresh, seasonal ingredients from Marin County’s Certified Organic Farming community and locally and regionally-sourced ingredients from farms and purveyors. The atmosphere is relaxing and welcoming with both indoor seating and a spacious outdoor dining patio, as well as a bar. The bar menu serves beer, wine, and cocktails and craft non-alcoholic specialties.
The Town of Tiburon
While staying at the Lodge at Tiburon, make sure to make time to explore the charming bayside town of Tiburon. From dining to shopping to exploring the Bay, you’ll fall in love with this slow-paced town.
Here are just a few things to see and do in the small downtown area:
- Dining: Bungalow Kitchen (by Michael Mina), Sam’s Anchor Cafe (great outdoor dining patio), Waypoint Pizza, Salt & Pepper, The Caviar Co., Caffe Acri (great pastries and gelato), Squalo Vino (wine bar), The Candy Store (kids love this!)
- Shopping: Main Street Mercantile, YEMA Sportswear, The Perfect Provenance (clothing), Knit House, Ground (home goods), The Tiburon Depot Welcome Center.
- Walk to the Tiburon Railroad and Ferry Museum
- Stroll along the water on the Tiburon Peninsula Historical Trail
- For more info, visit DestinationTiburon.org.
Activities in the Area
There is so much to see and do near Tiburon. From taking the ferry to Angel Island to driving across the Golden Gate Bridge to San Francisco. Here are just a few things to do while staying at The Lodge at Tiburon:
Family-Fun Itinerary for The Lodge at Tiburon
Families will love staying at The Lodge at Tiburon and taking in the sites of Tiburon and the surrounding areas. Here’s what a fun weekend might look like:
Day One: Walk to town and grab breakfast at Caffe Acri. Stroll along the Tiburon Peninsula Historical Trail to the Tiburon Railroad and Ferry Museum. Have lunch at Sam’s, followed by a trip to the Candy Store and back to the hotel for a swim. Dinner at Tiburon Tavern.
Day Two: Breakfast at Tiburon Tavern, hop aboard the ferry to Angel Island or San Francisco, gelato at Coffee Acri, ride bikes around town, dinner at Bungalow Kitchen, s’mores at the hotel’s outdoor fireplace (bring your own fixings).
The Lodge at Tiburon
1651 Tiburon Blvd, Tiburon, CA 94920
Disclosure: Accommodation was provided by the hotel in order to do my review, but all opinions are my own.