As a travel writer, I am lucky that I get to travel a lot and have been to many amazing places. Therefore, my friends are always asking for my advice on where to go, what hotel to book and what to do in various destinations. And, when I travel, I tend to get spoiled by the hotel I’m staying at or cruise that I’m on.
So…I decided to become a Travel Advisor — so that I can get YOU free VIP perks when you travel, such room upgrades, resort credits, free breakfast and more — and share my knowledge of the places that I been, so you don’t have to do the research. The best part is, you pay nothing extra for the perks! The hotels and cruise lines pay me a small commission based on your booking.
Need Trip Planning Help?
I’d love to help you plan your next trip! Whether that’s a staycation locally, a girlfriends weekend getaway or a family vacation abroad. Reach out to me before you book — tell me when and where you want to book a hotel or cruise, and what your max budget is per night, and I can search my database to see which ones will give you the best perks. Here are just some of the partners we work with. You can also search out destination guides for inspiration!
What You Get
Some potential perks I could add, include:
- Free room upgrade
- $100 food/beverage or spa credit
- Daily breakfast for two
- Early check-in/late check-out
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- You will still earn your hotel, cruise and credit card rewards points
I also find out about special promotions being offered through hotels and cruises and can sometimes save you money on your booking.
Hotel and cruise reservations MUST be booked directly through the specific hotel or cruise line.
Free perks will not* be available if you booked in any of the following ways:
- Through at Online Travel Agent, such as Expedia.com or Booking.com
- Through your credit card’s travel portal, such as Amex or Chase (you canstill pay with your card to get points)
- Through a hotelbrand, such as Hyatt.com (you need to book through the specific hotel)
*If you did book in any of the above ways, you can cancel (check cancellation policies first) and I can rebook you through the specific hotel or cruise line directly to get the FREE perks!
Unfortunately, I cannot get you perks if you’ve booked using reward points or a discounted rate, such as corporate rate, employee rate, AAA, AARP.
Already Booked Your Hotel or Cruise?
You can still get free perks!
If you have already booked your hotel or cruise, all you need to do is forward the confirmation email to me at email@example.com, and I will contact the hotel or cruise line directly, to add perks to your reservation. By working with a travel advisor, the hotel will be far more inclined to give you better treatment, a better room and a better overall experience, since you won’t be categorized as a “value” client. If you’re traveling with friends or family, this works for room blocks too — everyone gets the perks.
What Else I Offer
I can also help you book:
- Ground transportation (airport transfer, rental car)
- Specific home and villa rentals (NOT through AirBnB or VRBO)
- Tours and activities
- Travel insurance (a must-have when traveling abroad or on an adventure trip).
As a travel writer, I have many relationships with visitors bureaus and am happy to reach out to them to find out more information about the destination that you’re visiting. I’m also happy to give recommendations on what to do in destinations that I’ve been to.
What I Do Not Assist With
At this time, I want my services to be free to my clients, so I do not offer:
- Flights (I can recommend resources to find cheap flights)
- Itinerary planning (but I can recommend apps to use)
- Restaurant reservations
Subscribe to My Newsletter
Subscribe to my free monthly newsletter that may include any of the following:
- Sample Day-By-Day Destination Itineraries
- Destination Guides (Where to eat/stay/play)
- Hotel or Cruise Reviews
- Discounts & Deals on Hotels or Cruises
- Seasonal Trip Recommendations
- Lists of Top Hotels in Particular Destinations
Tell a Friend
If you know someone that has upcoming travel (or really needs a vacation), I can help them too! I can also assist businesses in booking rooms for a corporate event or sports teams traveling together for tournaments. I appreciate your recommendations!
I’m I looking forward to helping you book the best trip ever!